Thursday, April 15, 2010

Railroad Festival


A tradition for as long as I can remember is the Louisiana Railroad Days Festival. It's held the 2nd weekend in April in my hometown (DeQuincy). It was a huge deal growing up b/c we got out of school 1/2 day on Friday to watch the parade & we would ride rides until we puked, eat "pentecostal" hamburgers, funnel cakes, snow cones, boiled crawfish, watch the pageant (Yes, I was 2nd runner-up one year), listen to the entertainment. Basically all of the fun things you do at a small town Louisiana festival. So now that I'm a little older, I've tried to make it a tradition to bring my kids back & meet up with high school classmates to continue on the tradition. This year, Anna Kate really liked the rides (except for the one that went kind of high). She had a lot of fun with Karsyn, Allie & Scotti. Will on the other hand loved looking at the trains & playing on the regular park equipment, but didn't want ANYTHING to do with the rides. This one picture was when I thought he might ride a rid, but it ended with me carrying him off screaming before the ride began!

No comments: