Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kingdom Kids


JD & I along with two other great couples, James & Lollie Hendrickson & Jason & Christine Poynter began a new ministry at our church at the beginning of 2010. It's a children's church format where we take 3 year olds through 3rd graders into the youth room during the sermon & have a fun/interactive worship experience. Our first unit was "The Fruits of the Spirit". At the end of the unit, we "performed" for the entire church some of what they learned. It melted my heart to hear EVERY child (about 25 of them) memorize the Fruits of the Spirit. We have a video of Anna Kate saying her that I would love to post. Once I get a copy of it, I will try to put it on here. This ministry has been as much a blessing for the volunteers as for the children. I have truly learned what Jesus said about how we need to become like little children...their pure hearts, thoughts, prayers, love, joy, peace...We have now started a unit on Prayer, specifically teaching The Lord's Prayer. I look forward to what God has in store for this ministry as it continues to grow.


No comments: