Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Car, Potty Training & the Countdown is On!!

Well this has been a busy week around the Hankins house! We decided that since we are about to have 2 car seats to maneuver & my trailblazer has a few years on it, we would upgrade to a new vehicle. It appears that we are the only people in America getting a bigger vehicle with gas prices the way they are, but it worked to our advantage in getting the dealership to make a deal with us. So Friday afternoon, we picked up our newest family vehicle- a 2008 Chevy Tahoe! JD wanted to get a suburban, but I couldn't quite bring myself to get the same vehicle that both of our mothers drive. I recognize I'm doomed for Suburbanhood at some point, but I'm not quite ready yet :)





We are also proud to announce that our precious Anna Katharine is brilliant (in case you didn't already know!). We decided that we weren't going to try & potty train her before the baby arrives, since most children digress to baby habits with the arrival of a younger sibling. However, being the independent child that she is, she has decided that she's ready to be out of diapers. For a few months she's been pulling her diapers off after she uses it. So yesterday I went ahead & bought her a "big girl potty." I took it out of the box & left it in the middle of the kitchen floor while I was putting other things away. About 5 minutes later I walked back in the kitchen & found Anna Katharine sitting on the potty. I asked her what she was doing & she said "I tee teed!" Sure enough, she had used the toilet correctly!! Of course we had to take a picture to mark the occasion!






Last but not least, we are continuing to prepare for baby Will's arrival. I had my 36 week doctor appointment on Friday & I am fully effaced. My doctor said that means that as soon as the baby drops, I should begin to dialate pretty quickly. I also had an ultrasound done & Will weighed 6lbs. 2 oz.!! They said he's growing right on schedule & appears to be a healthy little boy. It's scary to think that the countdown is now only days until his arrival!! We still have a ton to do & buy before his room is complete. I think I've finally accepted the fact that his room is not going to be complete before he arrives. I decided to take a few pictures of what we have so far.



No comments: