Saturday, August 16, 2008

Less than 2 weeks!!!

Well the countdown for baby Will has officially begun!! I went to the doctor yesterday for my 38 week appointment. He said I have dialated slightly, but baby Will is still very high. JD asked Dr. Darby what his prediction for Will's arrival & Dr. Darby responded that he expects that we'll end up inducing before he arrives on his own. The doctor is encouraging us to induce the week of my due date to prevent the baby from getting too big, thus increasing the risk of having to have a c-section. Therefore, based on Dr. Darby's on call days it looks like we'll be inducing on either Monday, August 25th or Thursday, August 28th. However, this is all very tentative as baby Will could have a completely different agenda & decide to arrive in his own time :) All that to say, we'll have a baby boy in less than 2 weeks!

Today was a very productive day as we picked up my chair & ottoman for the nursery. Mom also finished painting the baby bed. JD started putting it together today, but was slightly distracted by the Olympic basketball game. I have high hopes that it will be completely put together tomorrow. Very exciting to finally see the nursery put together. Once things are set up a little more, I'll take some pictures to post.

Well we're about to watch Michael Phelps hopefully win his 8th gold medal than I'm off to bed. I'm helping host my cousin Lynette's wedding shower tomorrow, so I need to rest up!

No comments: