Monday, April 27, 2009

Be Fruitful & Multiply

In honor of Will's baby dedication, JD & I wanted to get him a sentimental "prize." For Anna Katharine's, we bought her a pearl to add to her add-a-pearl necklace (the idea is to have a full strand of pearls at some point in the future). Since Will I don't think Will has the same appreciation for pearl necklaces, we decided to plant a tree for him. We thought a fruit tree would be appropriate because of Genesis 9:7, "As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it." So today JD went to Devers nursery and brought home a Mayhaw tree. If you don't know what a mayhaw is, they produce a small red berry. The berry itself isn't that great to eat, but you mash it, collect the juice & it makes the best jelly you've ever eaten in your life!! **As an aside, I do have a fond place in my heard for Mayhaws as I was the 1997 Jr. Miss Starks Mayhaw Festival Queen**


So, We went out to our new home pad tonight & planted the tree in our future yard. So fun!! I have visions in a few years of looking out my bedroom window (that's the side of the future house that we planted the tree) & seeing my children picking mayhaws off the tree. Excuse my daughter's attire..I promise she doensn't ALWAYS run around in her swim suit & rubber boats. Long story, but I forgot her gymnastics leotard today, so I had to grab one at Walmart, which they didn't have so I grabbed a swim suit instead. Mom dropped her to me at gym & accidentally left me with no shoes, so we found the rubber boats in the back of Daddy's truck! Nonetheless, we had a fun little family time planting our tree. I'm just hoping it survives the tsunami that is passing though our area!!



No comments: