Friday, September 5, 2008

When it rains, it pours!

Well Tuesday we made the drive back to Sulphur without any problems. Luckily we left early enough that we didn't get into any traffic coming back. The hurricane hit farther east of here, so our area was basically unaffected besides losing power for a few hours during the storm. I'm so thankful that we had a house & electricity to come back to!!

So Wednesday was our first full day for me to be home with two kiddos by myself. I wasn't feeling great, so I asked Mom if she minded spending part of the day with us. Anna Kate developed a weird rash on her leg and Will had a little jaundice, so we started our day going to Dr. Richert's office to get both kids checked out. Let me tell you, 2 kids is a HUGE change from 1!!! It took me about 3 hours to get both kids woken up, bathed, fed, dressed, change diapers, change clothes from the spit up, etc! We barely made it to our 10:45 am doctor appointment and I started getting ready about 8 am!

Mom met us at the doctor, which I'm thankful for. Anna Kate was in an exceptionally active mood and did not want to sit still in the waiting room. Will decided that he was ready for his midmorning snack, so Mom had to case Anna Kate while I fed Will. We made it back to see the doctor and he said Anna Kate's rash was nothing to worry about. However, he did want us to do labwork on Will to see if his jaundice was getting worse. So the doctor left the room, I called my father in law to let him know we were coming to the hospital and Mom was holding baby Will. In those split seconds, Anna Kate jumped onto the exam table and decided she was going to get in the baby's car seat before Mom could put him in there. She flipped it off the table & fell off onto the floor (a 3 foot fall!!) She is screaming so we called the doctor back in the room to check her out. Everything seemed fine but he said keep an eye on her.

We walked across the street to the hospital to get Will's labwork done. Mr. Bill met up with us & came with me to the lab while Mom took Anna Kate to the cafeteria where we were going to meet up for lunch. As soon as they got in the food line, Anna Kate puked all over herself & Mom!!! So Mom ran back across the street to the doctor's office to make sure nothing serious had happened from the fall. Luckily, Dr. Richert said the puking was probably from too much excitement and not from a serious head injury. However, he advised us to go home & go back to bed!!!

I'm very thankful I had Mom & Mr. Bill to help me get through those hectic few hours b/c I definitely couldn't have done it on my own!! I've decided I need my Mom to help out a few more days before I'm ready to brave taking two kiddos on my own anywhere!

(On a positive note, the doctor called later & Will's jaundice is getting better, so we don't have to worry about that anymore!)

1 comment:

Robin said...

oh steph... i can totally relate. we need to write down these stories so we don't forget the craziness, or maybe we should forget them! glad to hear both kiddos are okay after the hectic day!